Monday 22 October 2012

Review: Flat-out Love

Title:             Flat-out Love
Author:         Jessica Park
Rating:         8,5/10
Extra info:   start date : 20/10/'12
                       end date : 21/10/'12
                       pages: 389
To read the synopsis click here.

Review:        I thought I was in for a psychological novel, with which I mean there are valid reasons for the character's actions, and I got that. In the beginning Jessica Park used a lot of dificult words in one sentence. And while I understood, there was a lot of unnecesairy information all crammed up in one tiny space. It looked like she was showing off her vocabulary. I also didn't like the show-off attitude of the main-character Julie Seagel, but when the intro was done, I did like her - a lot. I think the vocabulary-thing was to let the people know what the level was, and how Julie works. After that, it was a delightfull book. Julie has the right ethics, there is a good reason the main characters are apart in the anticlimax. She breaks open a shell and a secret she wasn't supposed to but she did anyway, helping an extremely dysfunctional family live their lives normally again. I love how she snaps the window shut when needed both with her father and seth. She's stuck in a fixing role, but I love her for it.

Recommendation: read when you need to restore your faith in humanity and are up for a decent lovestory where the characters get to know each other before falling in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment