Friday 9 November 2012

Review: Heart on a chain

Title: Heart on a chain
Author:  Cindy d Bennet
Rating: 7/10
Extra info:     startdate: 08/11/'12
                      enddate:  09/11/'12
                     #pages:    322

 To read the synopsis click here.
 
Review: heart on a chain is a good book. There was a good amount of characterdevelopement (: Kate has a dificult situation at home. And at school. Her father hits her mother, who on her turn hits kate. Her father is an alcoholoc, her mother a drugaddict. On the bad days, kate get's hit for breathing the wrong way. On the good days, she just cleans the entire house and makes dinner for her mother and father (I don't dare say parents), but she doesn't get to eat anything herself. At school, they have labelled her since middleschool. Everybody makes her trip, pushes her foodplate in her face or on her clothes, calls her names.
I  find that she is very strong and endurable. She does not complain. She has found what enrages her mother and tries to do the opposite, she doesn't call attention to herself at school. She is not a whiney person, she just lives with it. I do think it is too bad for her she doesn't get any help. It has been implanted in my brain that if I were in this situation, I was to immedeately alert at least my teacher. I think Kate is afraid her mother will find out (even though they don't have a phone.), but I know, as soon as somebody knows, they'll protect you and you're safe. Anyway, So then comes Henry, who I really like as a person. And there is relationship development. I like that.

However, there is selfsacrificing going on in this book, which was a huge turn-off.
And Kate is a little blind. Yet in the end, everything turns out fine.
Talking about the end,  --> that escalated quickly.
She suddently realises they should be together, and bam klabam, they are, and they lived happily ever after.
?
recommendation: read when you're feeling down and need hope, or when you're in the mood to critisize others, or to feel self-petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment