Saturday 9 February 2013

Weirdness at the bus stop

Saturday, chances of weird stuff happening: high, for this is the day I have to take the bus. (Insert dum-dum-dum soundeffect)

08:28 am

I rush toward the bus stop two streets from my home, anxious to get there before 08:32, because that's when the bus arrives. OR so I thought. As it turnes out I was 15 minutes early, and I could've taken the next bus.

08:55 am

I arrive at the bus station, I have half an hour left before I am expected somewhere. There is the city bus, which drives every 5 minutes, which I could have taken to get there, however, this bus decides to take the hour off, I had noticed, for at every stop I stopped, I waited 5 minutes, and I hadn't seen any bus on my way to the conservatory (musicschool, not green house), ever.
Fuck you too, busdriver.

10:12

the singing lady

I arrive at one of the bigger bus stops with benches and everything. It is even surrounded by glass, forming a mini-building. outside, two 30-ers are smoking. On the bench is one single lady, short and sturdy. At 10:24, my bus home would arrive. Only 12 minutes. I wasn't expecting there to be any weirdness, which is strange because I've experienced a lot of weird stuff at that exact bus stop. So of course when the lady, who sat down behind me, facing the other side, began humming, I was surprised.
After a while, she started full out singing, arabic style and everything.
The black woman who entered the 'building' looked at the woman and walked right out again.
Funny thing is, they had to take the same bus. Pity on her.

The children-dealing smokers

That's when I notice the smokers are standing in front of the road. I've seen people being picked up there before. So that's what I thought was happening. So they cross the road, but they don't get in the first car. They let two cars pass and THEN one stops. But instead of getting in, the car dropped off an aproximately 5 years-old girl, extremely cute. And the smoking couple, now not smoking anymore of course, take her hand and cross the road back over. They start swooshing her in the air, and hugging her and the image is so sweet, they obviously love each other. They even do the 'lift'thingy, where the 5-year-old stands on one of each parents' feet and hold one of each parents' hands and they lift her in the air.

The marginals

Sitting on the bench next to me: A girl who looks like she just turned 17, smoking a cigarrete, hooker make-up in place.
Irritates me because we're inside and she's smoking.
Some bus arrives. 5 Clones get off, all made up to do some damage, thight pants, probably tight t-shirts too, but I (fortunately) couldn't see those because of their plastic jackets -which disgust me too. Original marginal gets on.

10:23 am

The humming pervert

My bus arrives, I get on. The bus is empty, and stays that way until we arrive at the bus station. The busdriver leaves to get a sandwich. A mediocre old man gets on, he looks at me. And then sits behind me. I found this creepy for the next thing he does is a cross between a hum and a moan.

The fighting-loving couple that left their children alone.

A couple and three children stop in front of the bus. The man says to the children they should already get on the bus. The woman starts talking to him in an iritated way, I could see they were having a fight. What was strange though, was that he just looked at her, answered calmly and brushed her hair out of her face. She ignored this and continued to argue. But it was obvious they loved each other. That is not the weird thing. They let their children on a bus with an old man and no busdriver while they were arguing outside. Is it that normal to leave your children out of your protection? Are my standards askew?

Eventually, the couple and their children got off, though at that point I was hoping it was the perve who'd pressed the button.
He got off the next stop. And I arrived safely and on time, at home.
I do think weirdness is part of the bus-experience. There once was 'The man who acts like he knows you', which is a very scary situation, 'The kissing couple', who act like they're in their own home when out in public (if you know what I mean), and many more. Even I contribute to the weird mass of people.
Because last saturday I was

The girl who was painting her nails

while waiting on her bus, which wouldn't come until next hour.

Think About That.

No comments:

Post a Comment