Saturday 24 August 2013

Review: I love you to death

I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)Title: I love you to death
Author: Natalie Ward
Rating: 7/10
Extra info: starting date: 24/08/2013
                  finishing date: 25/08/2013
                  #pages: 278
To read the blurb, click here.
Review: I was feeling in the mood for a good romance book, because I knew I would love the love-interest of the main character regardless of anything. So I just looked at some books on goodreads, and took a random one, thinking: ah whatever, this seems decent enough. (And I love the emotion shown on the cover) In the end, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I thought I would. Mainly because the main character was blaming herself for all 12 deaths that occurred to those surrounding her. I hate it when people think they cause these things, but the reason I didn't hate it this time was that it is kind of suspicious, when 12 people's deaths all have a direct relation to you. I could see how ones mind would deceive itself when everybody you love, dies. I mean really, everybody. Asha's mom, dad, brother & his wife, first best friend, second best friend, first boyfriend, the mother-figure of her life, her therapist, her grandfather and grandmother and lastly, her boyfriend Sam, who always convinced her it wasn't her causing this because, 'he was still there, wasn't he?' Until one day he wasn't. So I get it. I hate it, but I get it. The struggles inside her were real. She was wrapped up in her defense-mechanism and afraid to let other people in. I didn't fall for Luke as much as I wanted to. I definitely felt the longing moments, the happiness and the loss, but I just didn't want him to be real and at my own side, instead of Asha's. I loved the end though. How making your own choices and living your life was the message. And though I hate self-sacrifice, I totally understand and encourage(d) it this time.

Recommendation: for anyone who's going through a grieving period, or just wants to learn about grieving, or experience it through a book. Also, for those who want a little hope, or encouragement to live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment